This is an essential treatment for people who’s hands are in water a lot or prone to dry, cracked skin and an all round relaxing experience for anyone else!
You will need:
• Sweet almond/olive oil or your favourite rich moisturising cream or lotion
• Cling film
• Nail polish remover
• Cotton wool
• Cuticle oil
• Heated towel (optional)
• 30 mins to yourself!
1) Cover the surface you’re working on with your towel and remove all nail polish
2) Pull off two sheets of cling film and set them to one side. You want the pieces to be about A4 sized. It’s much easier to do this now!
3) Apply cuticle oil to cuticles and massage in. You can skip this step if you’re using oil rather than lotion or cream for your deep moisture treatment.
4) Apply a very generous amount of oil, cream or lotion to both hands. It should feel like you’ve applied too much. Don’t worry about massaging it in but make sure it’s spread all around your hands.
5) Wrap your hands snuggly in the cling film, making sure there’s no skin on your hands exposed (you may need a hand here!). If you’re using a heated towel, wrap this around both hands now. Leave your hands wrapped for at least 15 mins. They may feel like they’re sweating but this is fine.
6) Unwrap both hands and massage in the oil, cream or lotion until it’s all absorbed. You can use your towel to wipe off a bit of excess if you need to.
If your hands are particularly dry, try this treatment twice a week for 2 weeks, alongside regular everyday moisturisation, and see what a difference it makes.
If you have normal skin, try this once every fortnight.
If you enjoyed this please follow me to get more nailcare tips in future posts.
Let me know below how you found this treatment!